Switzerland Lottery Information
Odds of Winning Swiss Lotteries
Here’s a comparison of how the two biggest lotteries in Switzerland stack against each other.
|Odds of Winning the Jackpot||Odds of Winning Any Prize||Cost of One Line|
|EuroMillions||1 in 139,838,160||1 in 13||CHF3.50|
|Swiss Lotto||1 in 31,474,716||1 in 31||CHF2.50|
Swiss Lotto Tickets and Age Restrictions
In Switzerland, you can buy lottery tickets from any authorized Swisslos or Loterie Romande retailer. You can also play online or through any of the official mobile apps available.
All players must be at least 18 years old to enter.
Can overseas players play Swiss Lotto online?
Only residents of Switzerland are legally able to play Swiss lotteries online. However, you can make use of a third-party concierge like theLotter to bypass this limitation. They’ll buy your lottery tickets for you, and even help you claim your prize if they can’t do it themselves. It’s a great service that we wholly recommend checking out.
Taxes in Swiss Lotteries
Lottery winnings are considered taxable in Switzerland. For prizes CHF1 million and above, 35% is withheld. This policy was enacted in January 1, 2019. Prior to this, prizes above CHF1,000 were already taxable.
Prizes up to CHF1,000 can be claimed immediately at authorized retailers and sales outlets.
For larger prizes, you must go directly to the lottery operator to claim your prize.
If you played online, smaller prizes are automatically credited to your account.
Play Sweden Lotto And Win Historic Prizes
The idea of a Swedish national lottery was first actualised in 1896 when the first version of this game held its draw. In 1943, its profile was boosted after a state-owned enterprise (Tipstjanst) took over its operations. To date, this reputable lotto is run by a company known as Swedish Games. According to figures from the Swedish Lottery Commission, this game has been able to produce over 100 millionaires every year. The highest jackpot to have been won on this lotto is a whopping €27.9 million. If you want to pocket such a staggering prize, gaming statisticians have quoted 1 in 6,720,000 as the odds of winning the jackpot.
Where To Play Sweden Lotto Online
Playing Sweden lotto or any other internet-based game is quite easy given the technological advancements experienced in modern times. As such, there are numerous friendly platforms where you can buy Sweden Lotto tickets online. Sites like multilotto offer the perfect platform for players to purchase their lottery tickets. Players are given an opportunity to select their own numbers or have the «quick pick»feature select their numbers randomly.
Once you have purchased your ticket, there are many platforms on which you can log into your account and place a gamble. Whether via a laptop, an iPhone, iPad or a tablet the choice is all yours. Interestingly, you can enter into more than one draw implying that you are allowed to buy more than one ticket prior to the main draw.
Why Should You Play Sweden Lotto Online?
Sweden Online Lotto is perhaps the most exciting headline among the Swedish gambling joints. The history of this reputable lottery game stretches back to 1896 when it was launched to provide the Swedish gambling lovers with dynamic yet fun lotto game. It boasts of a license from the Swedish gambling authorities and it is operated by a respected player in the industry_ Svenska Spel or simply Swedish Games. The Lottery is extremely easy to play given its 7/35 matrix plus 4 bonus numbers which are drawn separately to determine smaller prizes. With Bi-weekly draws held every Wednesday and Saturday night, this is an ideal lottery that continues to produce millionaires every week.
- Bi-weekly draws on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Run by a trusted company_ Svenska Spel
- Friendly odds of winning the jackpot and low tier prizes
Swiss Lottery Winners
Here are some interesting stories of lottery winners from Switzerland:
- The record for the biggest jackpot in Swiss Lotto history goes to the December 17, 2016 drawing for CHF70 million. The prize was split between 3 winning tickets.
- On the other hand, the biggest jackpot ever won by a single ticket was CHF48.6 million. This was for the Swiss Lotto drawing back in the August 23, 2014. Coincidentally, this is also the second-largest jackpot the lottery has ever reached.
- The biggest ever lottery winner from Switzerland won CHF183 million from a EuroMillions Superdraw back in December 2018. The lucky winner was the sole winning ticket-holder for that draw but their identity has not been revealed.
- Interestingly, a man named Andreas Bürkli almost won CHF1 million in a special televised Swisslos draw in December 2018. His name was announced as the winner, but because he was unable to pick up his phone after the operator tried calling him, he lost his claim to the prize.
Interested in other similar stories? You can read our article on The Biggest Lottery Winners and Where They Are Now for more historic wins.
How To Play Sweden Lotto Online
Playing Sweden Lotto is generally fun and entertaining. Nevertheless, there are some factors that you need to have in mind before jumping into buying the ticket. First, this is a 7/35 lotto meaning that a jackpot winner has to match a total of 7 numbers. However, the organisers of this game have packaged 2 lotto games, Lotto 1 and 2 into one game.
Lotto 1 tickets cost €2 while tickets for the combined option cost €3. Besides the 7 main numbers, there is joker batch that consists of 2 numbers specifically referred to as Dromvisten. Any lucky player who matches the seven numbers plus the Dromvisten numbers carries home an unbelievable cash prize.
- Match all the seven lucky numbers and win the jackpot
- Matching 7 numbers plus the Dromvisten numbers multiplies the prize
- lotto 1 and lotto 2 tickets costs €2 and €3